Wednesday, November 19, 2008

NaNoWriMo Day 19: 20,031 words

I'm finally getting caught up on my National Novel Writing Month manuscript, which I am tentatively calling The Duke of Sunrises. I have finally hit 20,000 words. This puts me about 11,000 words behind where I should be. But I am feeling a lot more confident that I am going to make this work this year.


I realize the name probably sounds like something that has knights and dragons in it, but the story really is about a guy in DC who is facing the prospect of getting married, having a kid, and finally growing up. It's not at all autobiographical, unless you count me filling it virtually completely with my life experiences as autobiographical. Oh, the protagonist's name is not Tim this time. I'm considering calling him Sam Small in honor of my father. Sam Small was Dad's example student when he taught art in Silsbee.

Thank god for insomnia. I wouldn't finish anythng if I was a regular sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.