Friday, November 2, 2007

National Writing Month Day 2: still alive

It's day 2 of National Writing Month and I haven't quit yet. I got up and wrote my quota again this morning. I re-read what I wrote yesterday and have decided to take the attitude that even Sinatra cleared his throat before he sang. After the first paragraph it wasn't half bad. Maybe some elements of what I wrote won't make it all the way to the final draft, but that's why this is called the first draft.

Except for the first paragraph. That was crap. Utter bat guano.

But this morning things started rolling pretty well. I dredged up stuff I hadn't thought of in ages. I realized that I've done some pretty weird stuff that could probably be wedged into a work of fiction somehow. I chirped along merrily and wrote until Daniel woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.