Tuesday, November 6, 2007

National Novel Writing Month Day 5: 10,002 Words!

I have to say that I'm surprise at myself. I've managed to keep on track with National Novel Writing Month for five days now, and have written my 10,000th word (well, 10,002 exactly). At this rate, I will have written my 50,000 word first draft on the morning of the 30th of this month.

I would have liked to have built up a little cushion by now, as I understand that the second week is harder. But I'm happy to be at least up to quota. I've had to leave behind the idea that I was not going to write about my years at the Naval Academy. It turns out that this is the story I've been waiting to tell. At least part of it. I dunno. Anyway, my protagonist is now firmly into plebe year. That's all I can say. This still might turn into a dragon rider fantasy novel in the end. Okay, I've said too much now.

If I haven't said it before, you definitely should consider doing this. It is crazy, but in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.