Sunday, November 4, 2007

National Novel Writing Month Day 4: how I got to hate the number 1,667

I can't believe it, but I'm still on track with the novel. If I keep cranking along as I have been, I can actually produce 50,000 words this month. The good thing about this is that no one said they had to be good words. I'm not proud of every line I've out down. However, I have to say that I'm pretty proud of a lot of them, which I think is about as good as it gets for a first draft.

One thing I'm not really too happy about: I had sworn to myself that I would not write a lot about the Naval Academy, but here my character is, showing up for Induction Day. Guess there isn't much I can do about it except wait it out and hope the next part is something more or less original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.