Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yoga classes in Philadelphia

Since the search for lunchtime kung fu/tai chi classes didn't work out (see No Lunchtime Kung Fu in Center City), I'm looking for yoga classes now. You say flaky, I say eclectic. Anyway, I've turned up two likely studios.

The first one is Bikram-- I went to one Bikram class in New Orleans before we evacuated, and it was cool. Or rather, not, it was done in a 100 degree room. It truly kicked my ass, but in a way that I liked.

Bikram Yoga of Philadelphia
http://www.bikramphiladelphia.com/schedule.shtml
M-F - 06:15 - 7:45, 12:00 - 13:30, 19:30 - 21:00
$20 first week,
10 classes - $120, month unlimited $150

The second one does Ashtanga yoga, which I don't know anything about. However, I like that they do a 12:00 - 12:45 class. That's realistic. One thing I picked up in my Kung Fu search was that studios sometimes take the attitude that if you can't bend your life around the class, you aren't dedicated enough. I guess I'm not very dedicated, but I *would* like to get in some form of exercise.

The Yoga Loft
http://www.theyogaloftphilly.com/schedule.html
M-F 07:00-08:00
M,W,F 12-12:45

By the way, the info I have here is only for classes that worked for my schedule. Go to the websites listed to see the entire schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.