Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10: Hurricane day

As I mentioned way back in August, September 10th is the most active hurricane day of the year. Today is no exception. Ike is threatening the Texas coastline with a potential category 3 (or 4!) landfall.

We've been getting ready for a big landfall all season, and it didn't materialize with Gustav. Now folks are reluctant to evacuate. But the Texas coast is poorly suited to hurricanes. This is a bad combination.

I went out for six miles on the Capital mall today. Good run, no hamstring damage. My thighs are sore from yesterday's workout, but not as bad as I thought they would be. Feels funny to worry about my running while there is potential for such a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.