Friday, September 12, 2008

I don't like Ike

I don't like Ike.

You know, I came to FEMA to help the disaster victim. But I'd be just fine if I never really got to do my job. Ike looks really bad. It's probably going to hit my old hometown in Lumberton, Texas, where folks are still talking about Rita. And my eldest brother is sticking it out near there in Beaumont. He'll probably be okay. Probably.

I'm set to work the weekend. Hey, maybe it'll fizzle out. Yeah, that could happen.

The National Weather Service says, "PERSONS NOT HEEDING EVACUATION ORDERS IN SINGLE FAMILY ONE OR TWO STORY HOMES MAY FACE CERTAIN DEATH".

I don't like Ike.

(By the way, these kickass storm graphics come from http://www.stormpulse.com/.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.