Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gustav hits Cat 4

Gustav was upgraded to Category 4 just a couple of hours ago, and it looks like nothing is in its way except a warm Gulf of Mexico. I think about the folks in Cuba and shudder.

It is so odd to be here at FEMA Headquarters, seeing the sun shine. I keep thinking I should remember this moment. All is uncertain right now-- but certainty has a way of creeping up on you. Soon we will know just how bad (or not) Gustav is going to be.

My friend Ruth is in town with her husband. We had to cancel getting together because I'll be working (who knows how long?). She said she'd be praying for the people of the gulf coast. I just thought, we're going to be working our tails off to help those people. A little prayer sure couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.