Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bikram with a Polar Heart Rate Monitor

I run with a Polar Heart Rate Monitor sometimes. I have been curious for some time about what happens to my hear rate during Bikram, so I wore one during this morning's session. I told my instructor, Alex, what I was doing, and she suggested that I check my hear rate prior to and after the Camel Pose (Ustrasana). She predicted that my heart rate would go up a lot. She was right. Prior to the posture, my heart rate was 122 bpm. After it was 164. Anyway, here were my numbers for the session: Total time: 1:26 Average: 134 KCal: 818 Fat %: 40% I generally get numbers like this when I run about an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.