Monday, December 12, 2005

My running gear

I can't run right now because I slipped on some ice walking out my front door and hurt my knee. This is what being 41 is all about-- I took up weightlifting last year with no injuries, then hurt my back yawning.



Anyway, in light of my injury, I thought I thought I'd write a little about what I'm running in. This isn't a list of recommendations-- in fact I'm considering changing my shoes because my knees are really taking a beating. Anyway...



Shoes: I'm running in a pair of Nike Free 5.0s. I know, you're probably wincing. The recommendation is to use these for 20 minutes a week, and I'm using them as my standard shoes. But I have this dumb purist idea that if my running style is good enough, I should be able to run barefoot. Don't be like Tim, Tim's brains are trying to kill Tim's knees.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.