Thursday, August 27, 1998

Stopping

Stopping
________
I put my foot direct
tied straight
to the wheels
cold power
and amerikan
and steer
hard
to be a man here means image
and I've got image somewhere
I learned it
from John Wayne or Ronald Reagan
but I sure can stop a car
everything I do
I mean to do
watch
I'll convince you too
and anyway it's the thing we want to
believe that we all know
how to behave
for example
this car has wheels
like yours
and you have a head turned away
to watch the light turn
and I'm Watching You Hard
like men do
in Dallas
in Summer
in heat that doesn't ever stop
'cause I like it just as hot as hell
and I even like my hat
just like John Wayne or Ronald Reagan
and I say American hard
and Watch It
'cuz I'm Watching You Too.
-Tim Allen
Antigua, Guatemala, August 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments blog posts over 14 days old. This keeps a lot of spam away. I generally am all right about moderating. Thanks for understanding.